Claim this listing
Degree, certifications/training – Undergraduate Computer Science 8+ years of experience
- Knowledge of cloud: architecture, networking, operations, security, automation and orchestration
- Drive cloud engineering for our enterprise IT and Business IT teams
- Solid background and hands-on experience with cloud providers AWS/Azure (compute, networking, storage, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience supporting an environment running AWS/Azure and related technologies
- Solid understanding of cloud computing service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and implementation/administration experience in virtualized/cloud environments
- Extensive experience supporting Windows/Linux/Unix operating systems running as Virtual Machines and/or cloud instances
- Solid understanding of networking, DNS, VLANs, network segmentation, OSI model
- Experience with IaC concepts and frameworks (Terraform, CloudFormation, ARM)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (Git, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience with common scripting languages (Python, Ruby, bash, Powershell)
- Experience and understanding of multiple cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with Hashicorp tools, including Terraform, Packer, Vault, and Consul
- Experience supporting SDLC or DevOps controlled projects
- Azure cloud certifications strongly preferred, AWS cloud certification
Detailed Job Responsibilities:
- Architect, develop, manage, and maintain various global cloud accounts utilizing AWS, Azure, and other cloud offerings.
- Focused on advancing and supporting cloud enablement as a key business driver at the Client including the development of staff, platforms, and processes.
- Work on the design and implementation of multiple cloud initiatives, including the automation, deployment, and testing of solutions which will drive our cloud migration.
- Design, build and automate cloud solutions that will balance the need for speed and flexibility of cloud infrastructure (IaaS/PaaS) applications using IaC and DevOps principles.
- Use CI/CD pipelines to deploy the latest features/code iterations. Execute code reviews, architectural reviews, and product releases. Lead and support daily operations, cloud advancement, and project management pertaining to our public cloud infrastructure.
- Innovate and advance Client IT and businesses into the emerging cloud computing era.
- Create cloud infrastructure designs and guide the development/implementation of cloud applications, systems, and processes.
- Configuration and deployment experience on AWS, Microsoft Azure, or equivalent public cloud provider platforms
- Familiar with DevOps and Agile methodology.
- Engineer and implement new cloud solutions utilizing IaC to ensure robust, rapidly scalable cloud infrastructure in a DevOps manner.
- Participate in problem resolution activities with colleagues around the globe.
- Advanced network and security knowledge to comply and adhere to Bayer regulatory compliance regulations.
- Act as a member of the Cloud Design/Architecture team by sharing information with colleagues, contractors, and managed services employees. Conduct training, knowledge transfer, or mentoring as needed.
- Work directly with internal IT staff and customer to establish and enforce Cloud best practices, process improvements, and effective IT Cloud management.
- Assist in providing reliable and efficient operation of the technical infrastructure necessary to support local, regional, and global businesses of the Client.
- Other soft skills/aptitude
- Strong analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills with the ability to transform data into useful information.
- Organized, responsive, and highly thorough problem solver
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work as part of a highly collaborative team
- Ability to bridge technology knowledge gaps between IT, staff and corporate staff.