Partners transacting in the CSP program: CSP Indirect Providers. As part of the new enhanced process, all CSP Indirect Resellers will need to accept the Microsoft Partner Agreement on Partner Center. Indirect Providers are required to point their Indirect Resellers to onboard on Partner Center as a prerequisite to their reviewing and accepting the Microsoft Partner Agreement. Start guiding your Indirect Resellers following the steps below.
We are introducing the Microsoft Partner Agreement that provides Microsoft partners with a simple, unified, digitally accepted partner agreement framework. The Microsoft Partner Agreement contains a core set of terms that help Microsoft, partners and customers support data privacy and security, promote compliance and encourage trusted business practices. The Cloud Solution Provider program will be the first partner channel to leverage the Microsoft Partner Agreement. This new agreement establishes clear requirements that elevate partner rights and responsibilities in response to regulatory requirements and to better protect customers. To ensure secure and certified distribution of our products to end customers with enhanced compliance, Microsoft is requiring all entities in our distribution channel are identified and vetted including CSP Indirect Resellers.As part of the new enhanced process, all CSP Indirect Resellers will need to accept the Microsoft Partner Agreement on Partner Center. Indirect Providers are required to point their Indirect Resellers to onboard on Partner Center as a prerequisite to their reviewing and accepting the Microsoft Partner Agreement. Start guiding your Indirect Resellers following the steps below.Timeline and key steps
- Starting July 6, 2019 :
- Start guiding any of your Indirect Resellers who have not yet onboarded onto Partner Center to onboard onto Partner Center. Please refer to this Indirect Reseller onboarding to Partner Center guide.
- The time needed to complete Partner Center onboarding can vary dependent on a number of factors, including the number of Indirect Resellers whose onboarding is in process at that given time. We strongly encourage you to start working with your Indirect Resellers to begin their onboarding process as soon as possible to avoid any delay in the completion of their onboarding
- From July 31, 2019:
- Guide your Indirect Resellers to review the terms of the Microsoft Partner Agreement for Indirect Resellers on Partner Center as a preview.
- September 1, 2019 – January 31, 2020: Accept the new Microsoft Partner Agreement by logging into Partner Center as a global admin role. All partners in the CSP program are required to accept the Microsoft Partner Agreement to transact in the CSP program.
- Indirect Resellers onboarded before September 1, 2019 will need to accept the new Microsoft Partner Agreement by logging into Partner Center.
- Indirect Resellers onboarded on or after September 1, 2019 will need to accept the Microsoft Partner Agreement as part of the onboarding experience.
- Enforcement after January 31, 2020: After January 31, 2020, the acceptance of Microsoft Partner Agreement will be required for all partners in the CSP program to be able to transact (i.e. add new subscriptions or add seats to existing subscriptions) through the Partner Center API or User Interface (a.k.a., the “Partner Center Dashboard”). Indirect Resellers that have not onboarded onto Partner Center and accepted the Microsoft Partner Agreement by January 31, 2020, will be prohibited from participating in the distribution of CSP offers after that time and until they have completed those steps.